1. It's the end of the school year. Thus begins a steady diet of diet soda, pop chips, and ridiculous stories told in front of students. The best part about teaching high school is regents week. It kind of reminds me of finals in college, except more scheduled.
2. This year, the end of the school year is kind of an s-show. I think everyone who is anybody is looking for a job or finding a way to get out of the building. My boss told me that I had "peaked" in the classroom. Fortunately for me, I'm a step ahead of her and looking to leave this place.
3. I think I may be the only person in the world for whom Weight Watchers does not work. I have only managed to gain weight while on it, and it has only managed to screw up my already bizarre relationship with food. I'm simultaneous disappointed and vindicated by this news. It has also managed to suck some of the joy from my life in a bizarre way.
4. For the first time in my professional life, I'm considering working in the summer. Not teaching summer school or anything silly like that, but something that will keep me a little bit busy and pay some bills. Suggestions?
5. I find myself overwhelmed easily these days. Right now, I currently have some sort of plan for every single weekend through the end of July. Granted, I tend to be a plan maker, but at the moment, these plans exist largely to freak me out, I'm convinced.
6. My sleeplessness is rearing its ugly head again. I only fear it will get worse in the summer. The cycle of anxiety I'm sure isn't helping.
7. I don't like air conditioners. (For what it's worth, I don't particularly like heaters either.)
8. I get remotely offended when people tell me that I should wear my hair straight all the time. I like it curly. Are you trying to tell me that I look bad daily?
9. The number one thing I miss about having a boyfriend is having my back rubbed on a regular basis.